Skip to content
- Life insurers pay out $1.5 billion to families and businesses every day.
- More than 1 out of every 6 dollars of Americans’ long-term savings is in permanent life insurance and retirement annuities.
- The life insurance industry generates approximately 2.5 million jobs in the U.S.
- With $5.6 trillion—90 percent of the industry’s total assets—invested in the U.S. economy, life insurers are one of the largest sources of investment capital in the nation.
- Life insurers are the largest institutional source of bond financing for American business, holding 20 percent of all U.S. corporate bonds.