- Life insurers pay out $1.5 billion to families and businesses every day.
- One out of every five dollars (20%) of Americans’ long-term savings is in life insurance and annuities.
- The life insurance industry generates approximately 2.5 million jobs in the U.S., including direct employees, those who sell life insurance products, and non-insurance jobs supported by the industry.
- With $4.9 trillion (90% of the industry’s total assets) invested in the U.S. economy, life insurers are one of the largest sources of investment capital in the nation.
- Life insurers are the single largest source of bond financing for American businesses, holding over 18% of all U.S. corporate bonds. This helps fuel the growth of private sector research, innovation, and jobs.
Click a state to display information below